“To my surprise, after discussing my completely customized requirement of assembly workstation with the work-floor designer team, they nodded to everything and none else was ready to do this much of customization with assurance of best in business quality.”
Ms. Deepali P.
Manufacturing team member
for leading engine manufacturer in our country
Equipping my manufacturing team with equipment best suited for their the
requirement has been one of my responsibilities I cherish most. This makes me
understand what is needed, rationalize it with available concepts/products in the
market and make sure they get it with adequate commercial justifications.
Assembly workstation might be the small thing one would wonder but when I got to the depth of it I froze down followings,
- It should have a wooden worktop of at least 40 mm thickness
- Above that, there should be an SS sheet of 5 mm thick bolted to the wooden top.
- Below the worktop, there should be complete storage utility with no open space for dumping anything anyone wishes
- On the front of my operator, I needed lockable arrangement – preferably a rolling shutter – where tools can be hung for best probable convenience.
- On one side of the front of this station, I needed a pin-up board for putting on designs and information sheets.
- Overhead Illumination arrangement. These are some of the things I froze and then the fetching process of adequate vendor started.
To my surprise, after discussing it with the work-floor designer team, they nodded to
everything and no one else was ready to do this much of customization with an
assurance of best in business quality. Today while I receive queries from different
departments within my organization about the vendor I feel the detailing I did was
worth. As they say correctly, your work is here to stay!